Before and After Grand Opening Day
Congratulations!!! Your dream is finally becoming a reality as you look forward to starting your own dental business (single location, group practice, multi-location). You are in the process of finding that initial location that will suit your needs. While searching, you start to think of all the tasks, operations, and logistics that must be put into place prior to opening your doors and you start to get that overwhelming feeling. You know what each puzzle piece is, but are not sure how or even where to place the pieces on the board to complete the puzzle. This is where Dental Performance Institute® can assist you. We’ve created a customized methodology to assist dentists, dental specialists, and oral surgery start-up practices in setting up their logistics, trusted advisors, operational modules, team dynamics, and organization, which then leads to a smooth Grand Opening Day and continued growth and profitability of your dental business well into the future!
To start the process, we schedule a time to meet with you or speak by phone to discuss your Start-Up practice vision and goals. During our meeting, we start with the design of your customized operational, logistical, and trusted advisor task checklist, which allows us to understand the tasks you have already completed and tasks that still need to be put into place.
Below is a basic list of tasks (just to name a few) we focus on to get your practice ready to open its doors.
- Dental Bank Loan Company Suggestion
- Corporate Real Estate Company Suggestion
- Best Location Guidance
- Build-Out, Contractor, and Design Company Suggestion
- Equipment and Dental Supply Company Suggestion – Contract Review and Price Negotiation
- Business Plan Review and Guidance (If Applicable)
- Business / Practice Organizational Structure Creation
- Registration of Name and Address of Business. Obtain Tax ID
- Marketing Company Suggestion: Create Branding – Logo, Tagline, Website, Direct Marketing, Promotions, and Advertising Guidance
- Business Services – Accountant, Attorney, Business Banking, Credit Card Processing, etc.
- Create / Enhance Advisory Team
- Business Insurance
- License Information Updated – Address
- Insurance Credentialing and/or Renegotiation
- Business of Dentistry Education – Associate to Owner Mindset Mentoring Workshop
- Budget Planning and Goal Setting
- Sourcing for Team Members, Interviewing, Proper Staffing and Training, Personnel Forms
- Practice Management Software Implementation and Training Guidance
- Operations Module Implementation, Workshops, Hands-On Training, and Role-Playing
- Treatment Planning, Presentation, Scheduling, Collection, and Influence
- Remote Scheduling Prior to Opening Day – You WILL have patients schedule on the day, week, and month of opening.
- Metrics Tool Creation & Monitoring Services – Customized to your business and model
- Human Resource Management and Compliance – Employee Handbook, State and Federal Labor Laws, Job Descriptions, Rules, Regulations
- OSHA & HIPAA Compliance
After getting a solid understanding of where you are within your Start-Up Practice process, we then work diligently to customize your New Start-Up Program. Once created, we discuss with you the schedule and steps involved, come to agreement, sign paperwork, and get your New Start-Up Practice Program underway.
Trusted Advisors are an imperative action task that must be part of your New Practice Start-Up process. We will assist in directing you to the following Trusted Advisors that will help to complete your Start-Up Practice experience – without headache and continue working with you as you grow your business.
- Healthcare Bank Loan Consultant – Secure a loan that works specifically for your financial circumstances.
- Corporate Real Estate Advisor – Partners with you to not only locate the perfect dental property, but assists in area demographics as well.
- Attorney – Focus on setting up your entity properly, facilitating commercial real estate transactions, advisor for lease negotiations.
- Business Insurance Advisor – Dental specific.
- Dental Office Design & Build-Out Experts – Works with you to build out your dream space, while offering ideas to design your practice.
- Dental Specific Accountants – Creates projections for the 1st and/or 2nd year in business, then consults / coaches you in a proactive fashion to keep your business profitable.
- Branding, Marketing / Advertising, Website Creators, & Internet Marketing Consultants.
- Dental Specific Equipment & Supplies Vendor – Specializes in New Practice Start-Ups.
- Practice Management Hardware & Software Vendor – With the Electronic Dental Records mandate, the proper technology environment is imperative.
- Practice Management Software Trainer.
Your ideal location is chosen, lease is signed, sealed, and delivered, and the build-out is underway. Now is the time that our team immediately starts working with you to get your practice infrastructure, logistics, and operations in place prior to your Grand Opening!!
Q. What happens after I open? Does Dental Performance Institute® continue to consult and coach us throughout the first 6-12 months?
The first few months after opening is when you, the practitioner and your team are working diligently to find your place in your dental world…your practice. You’re getting an idea as to the lay of the land, getting to know your team and their personalities, getting a feel for the equipment and practice software, observing and tweaking the previously implemented operational modules. Everything is taking shape. You’re getting into a routine. But, are the implemented operational modules, the logistics, and the team dynamics taking ‘proper’ shape?? This is where we continue to work with you, your team and practice. We schedule a handful of days with you while working with patients to observe your environment, course correct or make enhancements where needed to keep you on track.
Dental Performance Institute®’s main focus is the growth of your practice and the success of it in the future. Contact us today to discuss your new dental practice start up in Chicago and inquire about this needed service.